EDRAY thrives in the most difficult part of the supply chain – the final mile at the ports. Through proprietary technology, processes, and most importantly – innovation, we work on your behalf with all stakeholders to keep your freight moving in the most efficient way possible.
The Carrier Procurement Specialist will source, negotiate, and secure carriers to move available freight in a timely and cost-effective manner. On our team, you’ll have the support to excel at work, and the opportunity to build a rewarding career. We are looking for individuals who thrive in high-growth start-up environments.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Cultivate strong core carrier relationships while negotiating and securing carriers to move freight
- Maintain continuous communication with carriers and customers to ensure a high-quality freight movement process
- Ensure all parties are informed of route changes, delays, freight concerns, or other issues as necessary
- Schedule pickup and delivery appointment times; use discretion and insight when considering all factors affecting timeframe, including weather, traffic, miles, service rules, etc.
- Follow established procedures and protocols regarding HVS and HRC loads to ensure the integrity of the shipment and the EDRAY brand
- Accurately maintain and update information in the company’s operating systems
- Conduct research in available databases for potential leads; make cold calls to prospects
- Track back-end billing and invoicing to ensure that carrier charges are accurate
- Manage relationships with channel partner Emerge.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, or related field required.
- 1-3 years of procurement experience
- 1-3 years of experience in the logistics field required.
- Extensive knowledge of shipping and distribution channels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to sit; occasionally required to stand and walk
- Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms
- Frequently required to talk or hear
- Occasionally required to bend, twist, or climb.
- Moderate concentration/intensity, which includes prolonged mental effort with limited opportunity for breaks.
- Average memory, taking into consideration the amount and type of information.
- Moderate level of complexity for decision-making. Average time pressure of decision making.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.
- Medical – Insurance
- Dental – Insurance
- Vision – Insurance
- PTO – Paid Leave
- Parental Leave – Paid Leave
- Disability Insurance (STD/LTD) – Paid Leave
- Matching 401k – Benefit
- Employer Paid Life Insurance – Insurance.