EDRAY thrives in the most difficult part of the supply chain – the final mile at the ports. Through proprietary technology, processes, and most importantly – innovation, we work on your behalf with all stakeholders to keep your freight moving in the most efficient way possible.
The Business Development Associate will create and build client relationships while sponsoring interaction to obtain projects. Assist in developing and facilitating the proposal process for specific clients/sponsors including budget and pricing development, proposal writing, contract negotiations, and client presentations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assisting in formulating standard/routine proposals in conjunction with team members and various functional groups
- Assisting in developing a budget and price estimate using standard models
- Assisting in developing project plans and in defining roles and responsibilities and the scope of work for each project with input from sponsors, project leaders, principal investigators, and functional groups
- Collaborating with the Operations and Finance to evaluate project performance and to recommend refinements and improvements of all components of proposals
- Tracking and reporting on the status of all proposal components
- Establishing and maintaining ongoing client relationships with the various parties to anticipate and resolve potential problems, participating in site visits
- Supporting other Business Development Team members as needed
- Participating in activities needed to support the management functions of the team
- Performing other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, science, or related discipline; Associate’s Degree and related experience also considered
- At least one year experience in supply chain/logistics industry, business development, and/or research and development arena; must have experience supporting the development of at least five proposals or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience
- Ability to influence and persuade to achieve desired outcomes
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and negotiation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience with budgeting processes.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.
- Medical – Insurance
- Dental – Insurance
- Vision – Insurance
- PTO – Paid Leave
- Parental Leave – Paid Leave
- Disability Insurance (STD/LTD) – Paid Leave
- Matching 401k – Benefit
- Employer Paid Life Insurance – Insurance.